Exercise To Music Instructor Course
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
Do you love music and have a talent for combining rhythm and movement in a unique and exciting way? Do you have a passion for working with people?
Then we have the perfect course for you.
With the popularity of group fitness on the increase, embarking on an Exercise To Music Instructor course opens up a world of job opportunities.
Featured in this section:
- What you will achieve by doing the Exercise to Music Instructor Course
- The skills and knowledge you’ll gain
- The course requirements needed to do the Exercise to Music Instructor Course
What can I expect to achieve from the Exercise To Music Instructor Course?
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
- 20 REPS CPD points
A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing is seen as an ideal starting point for those that want a future in the health and fitness industry. Following successful completion of this course you may choose to progress onto a Specialist Level 3 qualification working with pre and post natal clients and older adults.
Successful students of this course will accumulate a number of important skills to be a qualified fitness instructor – and will be eligible to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
What will I learn as an Exercise To Music Instructor?
This is a broad and exciting course, and is perfect for people who want to help others to get fit in a fun and inspiring way.
During this course you will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- The principles of warm up/cool down in a group environment
- Choreography and timing
- Cueing and teaching
- Cardiovascular conditioning - aerobic curve
- Structure of a class
- Muscular strength and endurance principles
- Flexibility training
- Healthy pregnancy
- Healthy older adult
- Fitness for children 14+
- Principles of exercise programme design
- Communication and teaching skills
- Screening and risk factor identification
- Promoting physical activity for a healthier lifestyle
- Customer care
- Health & safety in the studio
The client base for this course is broad, with more and more people turning to group exercise as a fun and engaging activity. The Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise To Music) course provides all of the essential skills for teaching these types of sessions.
How will I be assessed?
To successfully complete this course, the following assessments will be carried out:
- Home study workbook
- 2 x multiple choice theory examinations
- Practical assessment - planning, teaching and evaluating a safe and effective exercise to music session
All the units are completed alongside the help of a tutor, who will guide and assist you throughout the learning process. Dates are agreed upon for coursework deadlines, and telephone appointments are available to provide you with constructive feedback on submitted work.
All of the learning materials can also be found in an accessible virtual classroom.
Once home study work has been finished, and you are ready for the assessment, there are three practical course days. These will be fun and challenging experiences that allow you to practice teaching skills with detailed choreography. Students will be asked to bring two class participants to the practical assessment day.
What are the course requirements for the Exercise To Music Instructor course?
Students must be aged 16 or over to study the course.
Call 01204 388330 to discuss in more detail with our advisers.