Low Back Pain Specialist Course
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
During their lives, approximately 80% of adults will suffer lower back pain.
Acute back pain can make daily life difficult and the symptoms of chronic back pain can be severely debilitating. Sufferers often become inactive to avoid pain leading to further related conditions.
As the vertebral column and associated muscle structures are highly complex, treatment is often difficult and should only be prescribed by suitably qualified individuals. Improvements made with correct assessment and exercise can be life changing.
This course is ideal for students who want to expand their skill set into a more specialised area.
Featured in this section:
- What you will achieve by doing the Low Back Pain Specialist Course
- The skills and knowledge you’ll gain
- The course requirements needed to do the Low Back Pain Specialist Course
What can I expect to achieve from the Low Back Pain Specialist course?
Upon completing this course, you will receive:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- 20 REPs CPD points
With this certificate, you will be officially qualified to provide effective and expert fitness plans, advice and guidance to those who suffer with lower back pain.
What will I learn on the Low Back Pain Specialist course?
The course will allow instructors, who already hold a Level 3 qualification in Exercise Referral, to take their qualification to the next level. It will provide them with theoretical knowledge and practical skills so that they can effectively plan and oversee fitness programmes for those who suffer from lower back pain.
The units you will study include:
- Prevalence of Low Back Pain in the UK
- National Guidelines for Management of Low Back Pain
- Activity/ Inactivity in the prevention and Management of Low Back Pain
- Epidemiology of Low Back Pain
- Co-morbidities/ medications and their exercise considerations
- Psychological/ sociological impact of Low Back Pain
- Screening/ Assessment techniques for Low Back Pain
- Goal Setting
- Planning/ delivering appropriate exercise sessions/ exercises
Each of these units will provide you with the required skill sets in order to plan and deliver effective exercise regimes for those with lower back pain.
The course provide an extensive look at the human anatomy, as well as biomechanics of the spine and lower back.
You will gain knowledge about the condition of lower back pain, and how being active, or inactive, affects the overall progress of managing it.
Furthermore, you will also be provided with information such as the psychological effects of lower back pain, as well as the common medications associated with treating the condition.
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course, you will be assessed on the following:
- Home study worksheets
- Case study
- Practical assessment
What are the requirements to enrol on the Low Back Pain Specialist course?
To qualify for the course, you must hold a Level 3 qualification in Exercise Referral.
If you would like more information about the course dates, please contact one of our advisors today on 01204 388330.
Other Courses You Might Like: Obesity And Diabetes | Specialist Practitioner Diploma | Exercise Referral Specialist | Sports Massage Practitioner | Strength And Conditioning Coach | Personal Trainer Courses | Gym Instructor Courses